Join the River Stewards - the driving force of the River Parkway Trust's
Land and Trail programs!
River Steward volunteers help with habitat restoration, removal of invasive exotic plants, trail maintenance, and river cleanup events. The River Stewards program is great for groups or individuals. No prerequisites or long term commitments are necessary; just sign up and be ready to enjoy a day in the San Joaquin River Parkway.
If you plan to attend an upcoming volunteer day, please remember the following:
- Bring your signed Volunteer Service Agreement form. Folks under the age of 18 will need to have the form signed by a parent or guardian to participate.
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots.
- Dress long - long pants, socks, and sleeves will protect you from the elements.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle and a pair of work gloves.
- Review the map to the activity location and volunteer meeting area when registering.
Feel free to contact us for additional group volunteering opportunities.
Sign up for an upcoming volunteer day using the links below.
2019 River Steward Volunteer Days
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in" John Muir
May 11, 2019 Trenton's Eagle Project at the Jensen River Ranch
Come join Scout Trenton Webster on his journey to becoming an Eagle Scout. He'll be leading our River Stewards this month in constructing and installing protective plant cages at the Trust's Jensen River Ranch Habitat Enhancement Project for his Eagle Project. This event will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm and is suitable for all ages. All equipment is provided.
June 15, 2019 Plant Caging at the Jensen River Ranch
Calling all River Stewards! Our young plants need your help. Join us at our newest habitat enhancement project to construct and install protective plant cages. This event will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm and is suitable for all ages. All equipment is provided.