River Parkway Trust announces the Living River Speakers Series
February 1, 2022
- February 10th – A Brief History of the Hydrology of the San Joaquin Valley - Bart Bohn, Retired Colonel in the Army Corps of Engineers, former CalTrans District Director, and former Fresno County Administrative Officer
- March 10th – The Tension Between Private and Public Water Rights in California -Tom Holyoke, Professor of Political Science and Faculty Fellow at the California Water Institute at California State University, Fresno
- April 21st- Economic Impacts of Recent Droughts in the San Joaquin Valley - Josué Medellín-Azuara, Associate Professor at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at UC Merced, and Associate Director at the Center for Watershed Science and UC Agricultural Issues Center
- May 19th – Ecosystem Water - John Shelton, Executive Officer of the State San Joaquin River Conservancy and former Senior Environmental Scientist for the CA Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Each of the presentations will offer the opportunity for attendees to interact with and ask questions of the featured presenters.
- Attendees can grab dinner from the local food truck on-site, sip a beverage at cocktail hour, then enjoy the hour-long presentation held in the River Center Barn. A simultaneous on-site education program/childcare option for youth ages 5-12 is available. Tickets are $10 each and include one drink, season passes are available for $30.
- Presentations will take place at 6:00 pm on Thursday evenings throughout the spring at the River Center Barn at the Coke Hallowell Center for River Studies, 11605 Old Friant Rd, Fresno, CA.
- For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the River Parkway Trust’s Living River Speaker Series https://www.riverparkway.org/things-to-do/living-river-speaker-series page. The San Joaquin River Parkway & Conservation Trust, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit land trust formed in 1988 to create a 22-mile Parkway along the San Joaquin River from Friant Dam to Highway 99. Additional information about the Trust's projects and programs is available at www.riverparkway.org.