Come help the River Parkway Trust plant native trees such as willows, cottonwoods, and sycamores to restore the floodplains of the San Joaquin River. This event will take place at Sycamore Island near Valley Children's Hospital in Madera and will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm. All equipment is provided and all ages are welcome. You can download the liability waiver ahead of time by clicking here.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want.
Volunteers will meet at Sycamore Island. 39664 Avenue 7 1/2, Madera, CA 93636.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Children's Blvd
- Follow the exit around and continue past Valley Children's Hospital
- Turn Left onto road 40
- Continue until forced to turn right onto Avenue 7 1/2
- Turn left when you see the Sycamore Island sign on the side of the road
- Continue down the hill and follow the signs to the event.
If coming from highway 99, exit avenue 9. Head east and turn right onto road 40.
If you have questions or would like to register a group, please contact Jake Salimbene, firstname.lastname@example.org.
39664 Avenue 7 1/2
Madera, CA 93636-93730