Come help the San Joaquin River Parkway & Conservation Trust remove the invasive plant, scarlet wisteria from our local waterways. This species crowds out important native species reducing biodiversity, provides poor quality habitat, and much more. This event will take place at Fresno's River West (Spano River Ranch) in north Fresno and will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm. All equipment is provided and ages 12 and up are recommended. You can download the liability waiver ahead of time by clicking here.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want.
Volunteers will meet at the gate to River West Fresno near Highway 41 in North Fresno.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead
Or search "River West Access" with Google Maps for the meeting location.
If you have any questions or would like to register a group, please contact Jake Salimbene, email@example.com.
Fresno, CA 93711