The River Parkway Trust's largest annual river cleanup is here! The Great Sierra River Cleanup is the premier volunteer event focused on removing trash and restoring the health of waterways throughout the Sierra Nevada Region. Volunteers will join Trust staff in removing trash from Sycamore Island near Valley Children's Hospital in Madera. All tools and materials are provided. REI will be providing light refreshments.
This event will run from 8:00am until 11:00am on Saturday, September 15, 2018.
Volunteers should dress for the weather, wear comfortable hiking shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle. Bringing your own gloves and trash bag/bucket is recommended but not necessary.
Volunteers will meet at the picnic shelter near the Sycamore Island Bait Shop. There is no entry fee for volunteers.Sycamore Island is located at 39664 Avenue 7 1/2, Madera, CA 93636.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take Highway 41 North and exit at Children's Blvd
- Follow the offramp around and continue on Children's Blvd/Avenue 9 past the Children's Hospital
- Turn Left onto Road 40
- Continue until the road turns right at Avenue 7 1/2
- Turn left at the Driveway where you see the Sycamore Island Sign
- Continue down the hill and follow the road toward the Bait Shop. Look for event parking signs.
Save time by printing and filling out a volunteer service agreement from our River Stewards webpage and bring it with you. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
Feel free to contact Jake Salimbene with any further questions: email@example.com
Madera, CA 93636-93704