Join the San Joaquin River Parkway & Conservation Trust and Fresno Acura as we plant native trees and pick up trash at River West Fresno in effort to improve this future park site and raise awareness for Fresno for Parks.
A recent study found that in 2017 Fresno ranked 90th out of the top 100 cities in the United States when it comes to parks access, acreage, and investment - and Fresno was the worst in the country from 2013-2015. Now is our chance to change that.
That's why Fresno for Parks, a diverse, grassroots coalition of Fresno residents, has come together to work to update and improve current parks, trails and facilities, make parks cleaner and safer, and create parks in neighborhoods that lack access to them.
This event will run from 8:00am until 11:00am and is suitable for all ages.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want. All equipment is provided.
Volunteers will meet at the River West Access Gate near Highway 41 in North Fresno. To get there from Fresno:
- Take Highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead. Parking will take place inside the property.
Please contact Jake Salimbene, email@example.com, with any questions.
Fresno, CA 93711