Come help the San Joaquin River Parkway & Conservation Trust continue our revegetation of a former gravel mining pit at River West Fresno. Our River Stewards will be planting cottonwood trees around the H-pond to improve the property for people and animals alike.
This event will run from 9:00am until 12:00pm and is suitable for all ages.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for hte weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want. All equipment is provided.
Volunteers will meet at the River West Access Gate near highway 41 in North Fresno. To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead
Please contact Jake Salimbene, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
Fresno, CA 93711