Come help the River Parkway Trust and our AmeriCorps Watershed Stewards Program Members, Lauren & Dominic, remove invasive weeds that threaten our recently installed plants at the H-Pond. Invasive weeds can be very detrimental to our natural environments through crowding out native plants, reducing diversity, requiring additional water, and providing lesser quality habitat. This event will take place at the Fresno's River West in north Fresno and will run from 9:00am until 1:00pm. This event is suitable for all ages, all equipment is provided, and light refreshments will be provided during the event.
Volunteers should dress appropriately for the weather, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring a refillable water bottle along with any snacks they may want.
Volunteers will meet at gate to Fresno River West near highway 41 in North Fresno.
To get there from Fresno:
- Take highway 41N and exit Friant Road
- Turn Right (NE) onto Friant Road towards Woodward Park
- Turn Left (W) onto Audubon Drive and continue past the park and across the highway
- Turn Right (N) onto Del Mar Avenue, then make your first Left onto Riverview Drive
- The gate will be straight ahead
Please contact Jake Salimbene, email@example.com, with any questions.
Fresno, CA 93711